Huggies Forum

How to get baby to sleep though? Lock Rss

Hi I wanted to know at what age are they meant to start showing signs of sleeping through.My daughter is 3 months old and has never slept through, her longest sleep ever was 7 hours and that was after being awake for 2 1/2 hours.Everything Ive read says that over tired babies are harder to get to sleep and are restless sleepers but Im finding the opposite as long as I can keep her reasonably happy.
Do you lessen day sleeps in preparation for night? she doesnt sleep for long during the day, she will get an hour at a time ( usually less) then if I want her to sleep any more than that I have to constantly rock her or she wakes up even if i only stop for 5 mins.
Im at a loss with my baby she wont sleep properly and I have to start putting her in a cot and Im dreading it as I just dont think she will accept it.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Amanda

Amanda,Perth,nearly 10 Month baby Girl

Hi Amanda,
If you rock baby to sleep she won’t know how to sleep independently and will rely on this as her sleep association. You would be well advised to follow a settling program and settle her awake into her cot.

At 6 months a baby should be able to sleep from 7pm to 7am without a feed.

An overtired baby is harder to settle and you need to watch for tired signs and act on those.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic