Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. Still not sleeping through and already rolling in cot

Still not sleeping through and already rolling in cot Lock Rss

Hi Maree,

My four month old daughter Ava still wakes up at least twice during the night for feeding (she feeds at 8pm, midnight and again at 4am) and I was wondering if there is a way to get her into the habit of having a longer night sleep. She is exclusively breastfed and most of her feeds are very fast (around 10 minutes). I have tried feeding her at 10pm to try to eliminate on of the feeds later on, but she still wakes up around midnight or 1am and wants more and then again at 4am. Is it ok to just giver her the dummy and tuck her back in instead of feeding her? Or should I continue to feed her on demand?

Also she has started rolling over in her cot already, but when she does this she wakes up and doesn't go back to sleep until I go in there and re-wrap her because she has travelled around the cot. Is this unsafe for her? I don't have cot bumpers or toys in the cot, but I was worried about her getting her legs caught inbetween the rails or getting her face tangled up in her blankets. Would a gro-bag/sleeping bag be safe for her?

Thanks for your help,
Layla

Ava jane 07/12/05, Sophia Anne 02/02/08

Hi Layla,
We don’t recommend wrapping after 3 months as baby does become more active and can become tangled.

Take a look at the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> pages or the <a href="www.sidsandkids.org/">SIDS and Kids</a> website for safe sleeping tips.

At 4 months you would expect to give one overnight feed and she may be waking the next time for the comfort to return to sleep. Try using the settling techniques we provide on the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> page and see if you can get her to self settle again.

Try using a feed/play/sleep routine so you get to know if it’s hunger or comfort she is seeking.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic