Huggies Forum

Wrapping becoming a hassle Lock Rss

I have wrapped my boy since he was born and is now 9 months old. He is a fantastic sleeper both day and night and I am confident with my settling techniques as we have never had a bad night and he has slept through from 6 weeks but now when he escapes from his wrap his hands fly about, grab his dummy and bang it on the side of the cot , wack himself in the face and basically wakes himself up. I have tried not wrapping him, wrapping only one hand, giving him something to hold onto (cloth nappy), but all result in him waking up too soon. Wrapping guarantees longer day sleeps and no nightly visits to re-wrap....

Mel, NSW, Riley , Flynn & Ethan

Hi,

We don’t recommend wrapping after 3 months so at 9 months I’d say that the wrapping should stop.
He has probably been going through 8month separation anxiety as well so this is likely to have had something to do with the changes you are seeing. How do you settle him when he first goes down to sleep?
Let me know.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Thank you Maree,
I haven't wrapped him for the last 3 sleeps and he settles really well,and sleeps quite well, waking a little sooner than before. Will his sleep become longer again as he becomes used to this routine?? He is also teething at the moment which probably isn't helping!!

In answer to your question, I now settle him by placing him on his side and putting the dummy straight in, handing him a cloth nappy to hold and pulling up the blanket and lightly tucking it in to keep him secure, and follow your settling techniques of a pat on the bottom and also doing the controlled crying if he wakes at all. Works a treat......Although as I said in last message, he is waking a little sooner than before. Anyway, Thankyou.

Hi,

Great to hear things are going better for you. If the dummy becomes a problem use it to settle but remove it before he falls asleep so it’s not the last thing that he remembers before falling asleep.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic