Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

still wakes at 3am Rss

my son is 8mts old and still continues to wake at 3am in the morning not for milk but a drink of water.Once i have given him he drink and his dummie he goes back to sleep,some times he will wake every 2and a half hours con you suggest something that i can do to stop him from doing this i have tryed to ignore him but he crys until you go in there
hi alyce,
im in the same boat with my 4mth old son, he was waking every 2hrs for a feed then we changed to water but know at 3 am he wont settle untill i give in and feed him, sounds mean but we have tried everything, dummies, rocking, music the lot. im not sure if its his age, i just dont know.

fiona NSW scott 4mth

Hi,
It is out of habit now that he wakes and to break to habit you will need to stop offering the drink and you may need to use some settling techniques instead. It should take about one week to break the habit.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

You can do it!
Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic