Huggies Forum

Resettling & Wrapping Lock Rss

Hi, I have a just turned 6mth old who likes to wake up to play during the night, sometimes starting at 2am in 1hr intervals. I angel wrap her, put her to bed awake, do a rollover feed & use the controlled comforting techniques. How can I change this cycle?
Also now she is 6 mnths I have been told wrapping is a form of restraint & would like to stop, but am worried about her rolling onto her stomach & not being able to get back over (perhaps I am being over protective!)

Would love some advice smile

Belinda, VIC, Ava 15/10/2005

Hi,
We don’t recommend wrapping after 3 months as baby is more active and should be free to move.
Make sure you make up her cot according to <a href="www.sidsandkids.org/">SIDS and Kids</a> guidelines for safety.

If you were to take the wrap away and use the settling techniques to settle her if she is protesting the change.

If playing in the middle of the night I recommend you ‘butt in’ after 10mins and let her know it’s time to sleep and begin settling techniques even if it gets her crying you are giving her a clear and repetitive message.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic