Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. Night feeding after 2 1/2mths of sleeping through

Night feeding after 2 1/2mths of sleeping through Lock Rss

Hi Maree,

My 4mth old daughter has slept 10 - 12 hrs every night since she turned 2mths old & has always had a pretty regular routine. Now all of a sudden for the last few nights she's been waking up for night feeds again & I can't work out why.

While there's a part of me that says I should just be thankfull for being blessed with such a good sleeper for so long and realise that there will be hiccups along the way, I just wanted to check that it's not something else causing it to change.

She has been showing signs of teething but I'm pretty sure it's not the reason she wakes up as she doesn't seem to be in pain. She is really hungry when she wakes, could it be that she should be starting solids? I didn't want to start solids untill she was around 6mths but she is showing all the signs of being ready - lunging at our food to take it off us, asking for another feed before her afternoon nap, lost the extrusion refex, etc. That's all I could come up with, please let me know what you think.

Hi,

Up until 6 months old you should be prepared to feed at least once during the night, so I guess you have been lucky up until now. I would suggest you try a little baby cereal and see how you go, if she’s hungry still during the night, feed once and then when she is 6 months old if you need to then you could try a 10pm rollover feed.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi Bubbas mum

I had the exact same prob with Bennett and I just continued to give him the feed in the night.. (he had been sleeping through since 8 weeks)

I too didn't want to start solids b4 6 mths but decided to try it at just over 4 months thinking that is what it was - he didn't want the food. Tried again about 2 weeks later and he is gobbling it up.

Still wakes up once a night a coupl eof times a week. We also think he is teething but have been advised to get bubs checked out for a middle ear infection as this can very often be mistaken for teething.

Goodluck

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Sign in to follow this topic