Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. He won't sleep at night, and he doesn't sleep on his back

He won't sleep at night, and he doesn't sleep on his back Rss

I have an 8 and half week old boy and why is it that some nights I put him down after his feed at 10pm and he'll sleep right through for 8-9 hours, but other times he'll go down at 10pm and be up at 2am? Also he won't sleep on his back, he has to sleep on his front. I've tried letting him settle to his stomach then turning him over, but give it 20 minutes or so he's screaming, as soon as i put him back on his stomach he goes back to sleep for his normal length of time.. I've tried lots of settling techniques but nothing seems to work..please help.. he needs regular sleeping patterns.

Vic, 8wk old boy

Hi,
I would suggest wrapping him and trying our settling techniques. When settling later it may be that he is overtired. Your baby is tsill young and will most likely need an over night feed.

Many babies do prefer to sleep on their stomach but with the danger of SIDS we need to coach them and encourage sleeping on the back. When using our settling techniques we can settle baby on their side and then roll them back and loosen the wrap once they are asleep.

FOr more information on safe sleeping see the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> pages here on the Huggies site or go to the <a href="www.sidsandkids.org/">SIDS and Kids</a> website.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic