Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Are some babies beyond help with sleeping? Rss

Hi. Neither of my 2 children are good sleepers. I thought I'd learnt from my mistakes with my first child and was so determined to have my new baby sleeping well, I'm sure I did everything by the 'book'. My daughter is 10 months and is awake quite a bit during the night. She settles herself at bedtime, and when she wakes during the night I only give her water, she usually settles back to sleep quickly BUT wakes at 4am and will not resettle. Most mornings she is up well before 5am. My first child, was similar with the early mornings and eventually grew out of it, is this the only solution for my daughter? I think my daughter may want a breastfeed at 4am but am refusing her one because the next morning it will be 3.30 then 3 then 2.30 etc. Have you any ideas?

2 young children

Hi,
Even giving the water could be a reason for her waking. She could be looking more for your presence than the water.

You could try just using settling techniques instead of offering a drink. They offer a clear and repetitive message that it’s time to sleep.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Sounds like you are doing a great job.

Cheers
Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic