Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Keeping Blankets on 19 Month Old Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

My son, Zac, 19 months, is waking during the night because he's cold. We have a wood heater for heating the house and by the wee hours of the morning, the house can get quite cold.

Zac dosen't like to be covered and hence kicks the blankets off, gets cold and wakes up screaming. Hubby brings him into our bed, which I hate, but he does go straight back to sleep so I can't complain that much but I don't want to make a habit of it.

He wears flannel pj's to bed with a t-shirt.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mez

Hey there Outbackcowgirl

My DD has been the same way for ages now (i think maybe 10 months) since she was 6months and able to roll over.

i dont know if it gets as cold here as it does where you are but all I can do to keep her warm is Fleecy pj's and a sleeping bag.

I think that my girl feels consticted under blankets which is why she wont even let me put them on so I assume your little man feel that way too.

if it is really cold, put socks and fleecy pj's on and get him a sleeping bag one size too big for him so he can still move freely.

i hope this helps

Cheers!
Haleys_Mum

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

Hi Outback Girl

My 2 and a half year old hasn't kept blankets on for years but I get a thing called Snugtime blanket sleepers. They are like a polar fleece blanket made into an all in one PJ, they have legs and sticky things on the bottom so the kids can walk around in them without slipping over. They also go up to a size 7!

They are roomy enough to wear PJ's underneath. Although I'm sure it doesn't get quite as cold here my little one only needs to wear a singlet underneath. I have used it out camping at the bottom of Mt Buller in April and with the extra PJ's and a lond sleeve singlet she was fine.

Hope this helps
Katecam
Hi,
You have already received some great advice from the other members.
Another though is maybe you need to back up your heating with a thermostatically controlled heater for the cooler months. Just be sure the reason for waking is cold not habit.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic