Huggies Forum

Hyperactive at Bedtime!! Lock Rss

Hi,

I'm hoping that you might be able to shed some light on what I could be doing wrong with my 6mth old.

We follow the feed/play/sleep routine during the day and we also have an evening routine which incorporates bathtime and "quiet time" before her 9pm feed and bedtime.

She has 2-3 1hr sleeps during the day but about a month ago she started having a half hour catnap around 6pm aswell. When she wakes up she's really hyperactive as if she's overtired and it takes me until about 11pm to calm her down enough so she goes to sleep.

She is still waking for 2-3 feeds during the night so it would really help if I could get her down to sleep at a reasonable hour.

Rachel, WA, Isabella 15/10/05

Hi,
9pm is a bit late in the evening and I definitely would not let her nap at 6pm.
Have dinner about 5.30 then the usual routine and try to get her down by 7pm.
At 6 months a baby is capable of sleeping7 pm to 7am without an overnight feed so I would try using some settling techniques instead of feeding.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic