Huggies Forum

Introducing the Cot from Bassinette. Rss

Hi Maree,

My son is a surviving twin born at 33 weeks and only 4 pound. I had every intention of putting both bubs in their own cot but when I only bought one bub home my outlook changed.

Luke slept in a bassinette in my room and now is getting a little big for it therefore I am trying to introduce his cot to him.

I have followed all the advice from various books and websites on how to settle a baby to sleep etc but Luke will only sleep for maximum 30 mins then wake. I repeat the settling technique then the same thing happens.

Note: I have only introduced daytime sleeps in his cot at this stage and not overnight sleeps.

He is not getting enough sleep in the daytime therefore becomes irritable and unsettled in late evening having screaming attacks.

Please help.

Hi Joanne,

You might like to get hold of a copy of <a href="It's time to sleep</a"http://www.itstimetosleep.com/">It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD & Book and begin to follow the feed/ play/ sleep method and use the settling techniques for all sleeps. It will teach you to watch for tired signs and act on them – an overtired baby is harder to settle. A regular routine and using our settling techniques will be of great benefit to you. It sounds like you prefer to have Luke sleeping in your room at night, but he may also be very aware of your presence making it a little harder to settle him.

Good luck, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic