Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Baby does not like to go to sleep Lock Rss

My son just turned one and I am still finding it very difficult to put him to sleep. Every time I tell him it's ni ni's time, he gets really upset and starts to cry. He does this both wtih his afternoon naps and his night time sleep. I usually put him in his cot and let him cry for five minutes until he eventually goes to sleep. It is very distressing for me! I don't understand why he doesn't want to go to sleep as he always shows signs that he needs to go to sleep(yawning, rubbing his eyes). What can I do, so that he can go to sleep on his own without crying, once I have placed him in his cot?

1yr old boy

Hi,

Your son really doesn't sound that different to other babies. It sounds like you are doing a great job.

Review our settling techniques, they offer a clear and repetitive message that it’s time to sleep. Babies learn from repetition
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic