Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. What happened to my "Perfect Sleeper" and how to get her back?

What happened to my "Perfect Sleeper" and how to get her back? Lock Rss

Hi Maree

We had the "Perfect Sleeper" (would settle herself and sleep through till 10am) until the Xmas holidays where we shared a room with her and for some reason thought it necessary for one us to be with her while she fell asleep and then would be carrried to her porta cot - obviously hated it and would wake around 1am and join us in bed with a bottle.
I stopped her midnight bottle about 4 weeks ago (which was an achievement on its own) however after reading some of your feedback have I succesfully managed to get her to fall asleep in her cot (being succesful now for 3 nights and holding thumbs) - still working on her day sleeps which have never been good.
However she is still waking up during the night - I have tried to let her cry even tried to rock her but she does not give up and ends up in our bed.

Someone told me I am trying to be too "Text Book"
(which in all honesty I would have thrown at them if I had one with me) - I am over the moon with her settling herself when we put her to sleep and hopefully this lasts however I would appreciate any guidance on how to get her to settle during the night and stay in her own room - she is 17mths.

Camilla, VIC

Hi,
Well done on your achievements so far.
Rather than let her cry or rock her, try using our controlled comforting settling techniques instead.
They offer a clear and repetitive message and babies learn from repetition
The ‘text book’ says it takes 3 days to create a habit and 3 days to break one. So with a bit of persistence and a few disrupted nights (and they are anyway!) you could have your perfect sleeper back.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic