Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Not a big day sleeper Lock Rss

Hi,
I am a first time mum and have a beautiful 4 month old baby boy who is purely breast fed and doesn't seem to like sleeping much during the day. At night he will sleep anywhere from 9pm-10pm and go right through till 8am which is great. During the day I am lucky if he lasts an hour each time I put him down. Also he likes to feed every 2 hours and brings some of it up each time, this could be because he is a bit of a piggy and also my milk flow has increased. At night he likes to feed on and off from 6pm till 9pm and then has his big sleep. Sleeping right through at night is great but I would like him to last a bit longer during the day so that I could do a few things. Is there something I can do to improve the day sleeps? He is a very content baby. He currently weighs 8.5kgs, some people so that is great others make comments about how big he is and this is starting to play on my mind.
Thanks

tracy, nsw, first time mum

Hi,
You would hope a newborn feeds every 4 hours so I can imagine you are also quite committed to a daily routine of constant feeding.
I would imagine he is doing a fair bit of comfort feeding which is why he probably brings some of it up.
I would seriously consider trying a feed/play/sleep routine.
By using this method you feed baby, play and then watch for tired signs and knowing baby has had his feed you start settling baby straight away into his cot and use our settling techniques. This means you can persist with trying to settle him knowing that they are tried cries not hunger cries. You should also try to resettle him if he has slept for less than one hour.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic