Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Sleep Patterns Lock Rss

My little 12 week old was having bath bottle and bed at 10pm then sleeping until 3am then not up again until 7 - 8 am....Now she has reverted back to her 3 hour feeds around the clock. What has made her go back and how can I start to cut out the 3 am feed?

VLL, Vic

Hi
I would seriously consider trying a feed/play/sleep routine. Try getting baby down at and earlier hour about 7.30 pm if you can . You may have to still give her 2 overnight feeds at this age but soon you should be down to only one about 2 or 3am and by 6months she could be sleeping through the night.
By using this method you feed baby, play and then watch for tired signs and knowing baby has had her feed you start settling baby straight away into her cot and use our settling techniques. This means you can persist with trying to settle her knowing that they are tried cries not hunger cries. You should also try to resettle her if she has slept for less than one hour.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic