Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

No daytime sleeps Rss

Hello,
My seven month old son has never been a great sleeper during the day. He may have 1/2 an hour in the morning and again in the afternoon and then he is awake and is very difficult to re-settle. At night, he generally sleeps from 8.30pm through to 6.30am - with a "roll over" feed at 10pm.
I have found that if I lay down with him and have a rest, he will sleep for up to 2 hours.
How much sleep does he need and can you suggest ways to encourage him to sleep longer during the day, without affecting his sleep during the night?
Thanks for your help.
Hi Olivia,
It sounds like he needs you comfort to resettle which is why when you lay down with him sleeps longer.
If you want him to sleep independently you may need to use some settling techniques to get him to sleep initially and to resettle.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic