Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

We need sleep to! Lock Rss

Hi

I was wondering if you can offer any advice for our sleep patterns.

Bodhi is 5 1/2 months old and isnt sleeping well at all.

His day starts around 6-7am which is great. I get him up and feed him if he is hungry. He has breaky at 8am. I drop my girls off at school at 8:45 and get home around 9am.

I put him to bed and he if he isnt tired after leaving him there for 30 minutes i get him up and he will stay up to 11am ( like today). Other days he will go to sleep.

If i can get him to sleep he will only sleep for 1/2 to 1 hour at the most. And he might do 2 of these a day.
He has lunch at 12pm and Dinner at 6pm and a bath after dinner.

Night is the worst. I do the roll over and feed at 10:30 but after he has the feed he wakes at night every 1 - 2 hours. I have tried patting him to sleep giving him the dummy. But he only wants to be feed. I end up giving up and putting him in our bed to sleep as i am trying not to annoy my hubby.

I was thinking about putting him in the spare room and let him cry at night. To see if he will go to sleep. Apart from letting him sleep in my bed all the time i dont know what else to do.

PLEASE HELP !!

Kellie and Bodhi - VIC

Hi,
Try to follow our settling program and implement some settling techniques. They offer a clear and repetitive message that it’s time to sleep.
Also you would do well to follow a feed/ play/sleep routine and watch for his tired signs and act on those using the techniques.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic