Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Please help with sleeping routine Rss

Hi,
Diana is not 6.5 months old.
We had implemented control cry method to help her sleep by herself about a month ago.
It took us 3 weeks for the control cry method work.
Finally, she has learnt to sleep herself, but she still wakes up during the night for the brestfeed 3-4 times a night.
Moreover, last 3 days she is very-very unsettled, refusing to go to sleep, eating too much (we have started solids 2.5 weeks ago) - i.e. every 1.5-2 hours. My concern was that she probably having teething problem. and yes, these days she is not sleeping more then an hour even during the night - she wakes very often.
Because she was so unhappy I had to rock her in my arms to make her fall asleep - this happening for last 3 days. she refues to go to sleep other way.
Today I have noticed that she has a very small perl (teeth) - so that's the reason for her unsettled behaviour.
My question is should I rock her and help to fall asleep when she has such problems, or should I start to impelement control cry method again, and how whould it affect on Diana.

Diana is 22 months old

Hi Diana's Mum

I have been told that you should wait untill your baby is well before starting c/c as they need more comforting and love when they are sick.

If she is getting teeth, it is a very painful experience for them and can have fevers as well.

Give her as much attention as she needs while she is teehting and when she is fully better then try again.

I am not an expert but I am a mum to a 16month old and have gone thru exactly the same thing you are experiencing right now (and still am going thru it speraticly).

I found that once each tooth came thru, I could get her back into her routine but, have felt what you are feeling and myself have asked fro advice.

It will pass, but if you are worried seek professional advice from your GP or nearset CYH nurse.

Lots and Lots of cuddles for little Diana

I hope I helped

Good Luck
Haleys_Mum

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

Hi,
Teething can be very painful and some teething gel and baby paracetamol should kelp ot keep her comfortable
Keep this in mind – If baby is in pain with her teeth she will have pain in your bed or hers.
You can do a settling program when baby is teething so long as she does not have a fever and you keep her comfortable as you are doing. To do a settling program successfully you really need to move baby to her own room as you need to be able to leave the room.
Try following our settling program as I believe her constant waking is just a habit now.
It is very hard to do but after a week or 2 you will all be much happier for it
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic