Huggies Forum

wont sleep on back Rss

my 6 week old daughter won't sleep on her back i have tried everything from letting her fall asleep in my arms before putting her down to letting her cry herself to sleep but it seems nothing is working so i would love some more ideas.

krobinson

when my son was little he didn't like to sleep on his back either so i went to big w and bought something to support him so he could lay on his side comfortably and without danger of sufforcating i found it worked like a dream it wasn't expensice i think it cost me all of $30 so if she will sleep on her side maybe that is an idea
Hi Mum05,

I had the same prob. my little gal is now 5 and a half months old and she still does not sleep on her back.

The way i see it is its up to you, she is your daughter. I know that people tell you otherwise, and it did take me awhile to get use to the idea of sleeping my daughter on her tummy, As we all know SIDS and what not.

Also, when we slept her on her back, she would wake every hour or so in the night, then when switched to tummy sleeps like an angel. 6 30 till 6.30 its great smile

If you are worried there are things that you can get to put your mind at ease, such as mats that alarm when the baby stops breathing etc. But if you do get something like that (which might I add are quite expensive) I would recommend you take a first aid course, therefore you will know what to do if your baby stopped breathing.

I spoke to my child and youth health nurse about this issue alot and she told me to try and settle her on her back, but if not well do what you feel comfortable doing.

Now my gal has lovely neck control, loves playing on her tummy (which I know many babies who hate it) and its no longer an issue, because of the neck control. I did find that she developed things like neck control much earlier because she slept on her tummy.

the choice is entirely up to you.

Ebony

Hi,
Try wrapping her and using our settling techniques.
Then you can roll her onto her back once she is asleep.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi, My suggestion is a Angelcare monitor. They are available from Target. They are as close as you can get to avoiding Sid's. The pads under the babies mattress monitors breathing & movement. If your child was to stop breathing for more then 20 seconds an alarm sounds. I got one of these when my son was born 2 months prem weighing only 2 pound 12 ounces. I highly recommend this product. My son sleeps in any possie he wants.

nsw baby boy

Sign in to follow this topic