Huggies Forum

No sleep in the morning Rss

I have an 8 week old daughter and I am finding it really difficult to change her routine. She is bottle fed and has been since 1 week old. She feeds every 3 hours during the day to the minute! The problem is that in the morning she wakes around 7.30-8.30am after a feed about 5ish. She then has a full bottle (between 150-200 mls). We play for a little while then when I try to settle her to sleep she is wide eyed. I have tried rocking her, putting her in her cot and leaving the room (keeping an eye from a distance). She is quite content to lie there but just doesn't sleep. This goes on until her feed at around 3-4pm, where all she wants to do is sleep. At that time I let her have a little nap (an hour or so) then try to keep her up so she will sleep overnight. In the evenings I tend to bath her around 7pm, give her a bottle then by 8.30 she isusually settled to sleep, and can get up pnce overnight for a feed. What can I do to get her to sleep earlier in the day???
Hi,
The feed/play/sleep routine you are attempting to follow is the best way.
You cannot always go by the clock and the idea of f/p/s is to feed, play, watch for tired signs and settle her awake into the cot.
At 8 weeks she must have some tired signs at some stage between 7.30am and 3pm so watch carefully for these, yawning arching her back rubbing eyes grizzly.
Wrap her and try using settling techniques to teach her it’s time to sleep.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic