Huggies Forum

10 month old stopped sleeping through Rss

Hi, I just have a question about our little boy. He has been sleeping through since 6 weeks with only the odd night here and there when he would wake I would give him a quick feed and then he would be straight back to sleep. However over the past 4 weeks he has been waking once, twice sometimes three times a night usually I feed him and he will go back to sleep also I stroke him on the back until he goes to sleep. He has just had 4 teeth come out and I am wondering if this would be the cause or could it be something else? Am I doing the wrong thing by feeding him (breastfeed) and going in to settle him, I hate to listen to him cry during the night and would rather not leave him to cry. Also we were having a problem with him starting to wake early around 5am when previously he was a 6-7am waker so we have started to put him to bed at 7pm rather than 7.30pm and this has helped with the early waking he is now back to 6-7am.
He has two sleeps during the day one at 9am for 1-2 hours I wake him at 11am if not already awake and then he has a sleep again at 2.30pm for usually only 1, 1 1/2 hours. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I would love to have him sleeping through again!

mum to two gorgeous guys

Hi,.
Around 8 months baby experiences separation anxiety and this may have been the start of the problem along with some teething pain and by feeding him back to sleep and patting him back to sleep this may have caused some sleep associations.
You may need to use some settling techniques to help him to self settle again. The techniques we teach are lots of hands on and send a clear and repetitive message that it’s time to sleep.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic