Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Working Mum Lock Rss

Hi,
My son is 5 months old and until recently was an excellent sleeper. He would sleep right through the night and have regular naps during the day.
I returned to work 3 weeks ago and since then his sleeping pattern is way out. Day time naps consist of 2 half hour naps between 10am and 4pm and 1 two hour nap from 5 - 7pm.
Night time has become a nightmare. He will go back to sleep around 9:30pm but wakes at 12:30 and then every 2 hours there after. The first week wasnt so bad as i would bring him into our bed for a cuddle and he would go back to sleep. But now he wakes and even in bed with us is quite restless. When i do get him to sleep and go to put him back in his cot, he wakes straight away and wont settle.
I am currently still breast feeding at night only, and i find that this is the only way i can get him back to sleep, but he still wont go back to his own bed.

Any ideas on how we can all get sleep at night in our own beds?????

Hi,
It would seem he has become unsettled with the change of routine in his life.
Settling him awake into his own bed is the key and you may need to implement some settling techniques to do this rather than taking him in with you because he clearly is becoming unable to self settle and you may need to re teach him.
It would be wise to get the carer to follow the settling program as well or you will send mixed messages.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic