Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

routines Rss

do you believe strict routines make babies sleep better all together .have been trying to implement tizzie hall routine but she says keep them up for 2 hrs is that ok for a 4 mth old.and how come all sleep experts say if yre baby can self settle when put down to sleep they sld be able to move thru to next cycle from a 40 min catnap.my 4mth old usually very good at self settle she always go down wide awake well after having a feed so how come she can never get thru to next cycle on her own.very frustrating she is always grumpy from not enough sleep i can almost always get her to sleep for a few hrs mid arvo after i have given a cuddle or a pat after she wakes at 40 min.please help hard to implement routines when like this .

shell 4yr old & 16mth

Hi,
Don’t do the cuddle because you are sending mixed messages and she is looking for your comfort after the 40mins this has become her pattern and you need to implement a good settling technique instead.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic