Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

My 7month old breastfed baby wont sleeep!!!! Lock Rss

I have a 7 month old baby boy hardly ever sleeps during the day and night. During the day he will sleep about an hour max a sleep. And he has 2 - 3 sleeps during the day, sometimes only two!! And during the night he wakees up 4 times a night and he will only go to sleep breastfed to sleep or being cuddled in his parents bed! I want to stop breastfeeding but he won't take a bottle either. What can I do to stop him from only going to sleep being breastfed to sleep or being cuddled during the day and night? And what is some advice to get him onto the bottle? Thank you
just because he goes onto a bottle won't make him sleep any better he will still wake for feeds if he is hungry.

sounds like he is going through a growth spurt....

has your baby started on solids yet? my wee guy who must be the same age as yours goes down for about 4-5 sleeps a day..... sometimes they are just an hour sometimes two or three but never sleeps the same any time.....

we still wrap our baby to go to sleep.... have you tried white noise to keep him asleep.... we have sometimes run the vac to get an unsettled baby back to sleep....

have you tried patting his bum to get him back to sleep....? I am not sure if my baby wakes i just breast feed him and he goes back to sleep and so do i.... he is in our room so i don't have to get out of bed his cot is right by my side so its easy
I followed the Gina Ford routine in her book The Contented Little Baby, although I am not as strict with times and her way of doing everything. I found that I adapt her ideas to what suits me and my bub. I know routines are not for everyone, but it may help getting the sleep patterns into place.

I have a 7 month old baby boy hardly ever sleeps during the day and night. During the day he will sleep about an hour max a sleep. And he has 2 - 3 sleeps during the day, sometimes only two!! And during the night he wakees up 4 times a night and he will only go to sleep breastfed to sleep or being cuddled in his parents bed! I want to stop breastfeeding but he won't take a bottle either. What can I do to stop him from only going to sleep being breastfed to sleep or being cuddled during the day and night? And what is some advice to get him onto the bottle? Thank you
i totally relate to you are you sure we don't have the same child. it is wearing me very thin and i think i'm starting to cry more than he is, i've tried so many things and am at a complete loss.
This sounds the same as my bub. 7 months old breast and bottle fed baby who used to sleep through the night now won't. Wakes up virtually every hour and will only take the breast or cuddling to go back to sleep. Only gets 2-3 sleeps throughout the day as well, lasting from 20mins to an hour if I am lucky. Doesn't want the bottle very much these days either, prefering the breast (but gets upset when there is nothing there as my milk never fully came in, this is why she has had a mix of breast and bottle from birth). Has never been able to settle herself to sleep at night so have always placed in cot once asleep, but she used to sleep through the whole night so this was never really seen as a problem by me. Keep threatening her with sleep school! Not an option I wanted to use but seriously considering it now. Read something about it being a growth spurt and yes she has grown quite a bit recently, how long should this unsettled time last though? She does eat very well, 3 meals a day (around 100ml per meal - I think this is quite a lot). Any help will be gratefully received.
Sign in to follow this topic