Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Can self settle, but not resettle Rss

Hi Maree,
My little 7 month old daughter is driving me bonkers during the day.
My husband and I did the hard yards a few months ago and got rid of the dummy and taught her to self settle. She sleeps from 6:30pm to 7am each day and generally she will have about 1.5 hours in the morn (unusal to have any more) then I 'll be darned if I can get her to sleep any more than 40 min sleep cycle for the next arvo sleep. I've tried watching for tired signs, I've tried clock watching, I've tried keeping her up (I know this is not a good idea but catching her on time wasn't working either)
She just won't sleep any longer. The last few days when she wakes I've been leaving her to protest cry for about 10 min then going in to soothe her then I've tried both patting her off and the controlled crying method.
I just don't understand why she can't resettle when she goes off to sleep all on her own with no aids and she sleeps through the night.
My mum keeps swearing that perhaps she's just had enough sleep but I know she couldn't possibly have.
I just wondered if you had any suggestions/tecniques because it really mucks up the whole arvo and evening.
Thanks so much
Laura

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

HI Laura

I can only suggest that you try to resettle using the techniques we describe on the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> pages.

Try to resettle as you are doing but don't make to much of a battle out of it. You seem to have a good routine for the rest of the day.

Cheers
Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic