Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. 14mth old wakes 3+ times a night..... every night!!!

14mth old wakes 3+ times a night..... every night!!! Rss

Hi, I have a 14mth old baby girl who still doesnt sleep through the night. We put her to sleep at about 7.30 - 8pm but she will wake again at about 12 midnight and then 4ish and then 5ish and then wont go back off to sleep. When she wakes she is standing and normally all i have to do is lay her back down and walk out but it is the broken sleep and she sometimes wakes like that 4 or 5 times a night. If I let her cry she will cry for an hour and gets herself so upset it takes me longer to settle her then it would to just lay her down.

The problem is I work 3 days a week and my husband full time and this broken sleep every night is starting to make life very difficult.

I have been to the sleep School Ngala and they couldnt help, I have tried sedating her but that doesnt help and i dont like doing it anyway and controlled crying just gets her too upset to go to sleep.

Please I need some good advice.

Stacey, WA, Tayla 4 yr, Abbie 5 mth

Hi,
T
he controlled comforting techniques are hard and ALL babies fight the program. I really feel that to change the situation you will need to persist with settling techniques and to teach your daughter to sleep independently. I can only suggest you follow the It’s Time To Sleep program, it has a 90% success rate and keep in mind my 12 month old had never slept through the night and in one day of doing the techniques was sleeping through the night!

Best wishes, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic