Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

restless nights Lock Rss

I have a 4 month boy who has no trouble settling himself to sleep at night. He will wake in the middle of the night for a feed, always at the same time regardless of when his last feed was or what time he went to bed. After being fed he will instantly fall back to sleep but will then sleep fitfully, continuously waking and crying every half hour or so till the morning. I can get up and give him his dummy to help settle him, and then he spits it out as he doesnt need it to sleep. I am sometimes up several times between 3am and 7am doing this and I am getting very little sleep. Only twice has he ever managed to resettle himself. Any advice would be gratefully accepted, thanks.

WA, 4mth baby

Hi,
My apologies to you for the delay in responding to your question.

Instead of letting him fall asleep during this night feed you really need to resettle him awake back into his cot using our settling techniques and I would suggest without the dummy. Any other wakings I would use our settling techniques again rather than the dummy or another feed.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic