Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Nightmares Lock Rss

My son is 2 years and is having trouble sleeping. He wakes during the night crying and needing his Dad. Dad goes in and has to lie down with him till Caleb finally lets him go. Dad has found that even when Caleb falls asleep he wakes up crying, cunfused and wanting Dad and then settles when he see's Dad next to him.
Caleb doesn't watch alot of TV and only cartoons that are age appropriate, he doesn't see bad images so we are not sure where these nightmares are coming from. When we talk to him about it he doesn't understand.
How can we get Caleb to sleep through the night with out these nightmares?

Mother of Caleb & Lotti & Jacob

Dear Hartbrake

We would like to let you know that Maree, our Sleep consultant, will be unable to respond to your questions from the 13-25th May as she is away on a much needed holiday.

If you require more immediate advice regarding your baby's sleep we suggest that you contact your local Child Health Nurse.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
Maree and the Huggies Parents Exchange Team
Hi,
Firstly, I would like to extend an apology to you for the delay in responding to your query.

I would be very surprised if these are nightmares. This is associating sleep with Dad.
Just imagine you went to sleep in your bed and when you woke all the comforts you went to sleep with were gone. Or you woke up and you were in the bathtub somewhere where you were not when you went to sleep.
When we fall asleep with our children and then they wake and we are gone they don’t know how to resettle without your comfort. I know because I did this for a long time.
If you were to settle him awake into his bed and sleeping on his own then when he woke on his light sleep(as we all do) he would know how to resettle himself because he has fallen asleep independently.
I hope this helps.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic