Huggies Forum

can't settle without picking up Rss

Hi there
My daughter Lily (5 months) has always been very clingy. Most nights she sleeps in her cot (which is next to our bed) and will sleep through the night, though will only go to sleep if she can see me go to "sleep" or while I'm rocking her or breast feeding her. If she falls asleep in my arms she will nearly always wake up when I put her down.

When she cries, I haven't been able to settle her without picking her up. I've tried patting and rocking her in her cot for up to an hour but she gets so worked up after that it takes another hour of comfort feeding and rocking to calm her down again. I tend to just give up and take her into our bed.

It's the same during the day.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Kathryn
Hi Kathryn,

Firstly I think you need to have Lily sleeping in another room and then she needs to be settled awake into her cot so that she learns to sleep independently. I would strongly recommend that you get a copy of <a href="It's time to sleep</a"http://www.itstimetosleep.com/">It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD& Book and follow the settling program for Newborn to 6 months.

Good luck, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic