Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

6mth old screams when trying to settle Rss

Hi Maree
I have a 2 1/2 & 6mth old and have had trouble with both of them. My daugther2 1/2 now sleeps through all night when not woken by her borther 6mths who is a horror. We attended QEC in melbourne at the start of August, he improved greatly. Hes has gone from waking every 1/2 hour to put to bed at 7.00pm rollover feed10 - 10.30 he then wakes around 2.30am for another feed and then up anywhere from 5.30- 6.00am. during the day he has two sleeps anywhere from 30mins to 2hrs. but its the fight with him to get him to sleep that takes it out of you. sometimes we can spend 30-60mins patting him saying sh, sh,sh. This is very draining and happens nearly every time he is put down for a sleep except 2.30am this time is not too bad. Are there any other methods we can try and when would you suggest cutting out the rollover and night feeds. is it time to preserver again.

Nadine Vic Lachie 6mth & Madeline 2 1/2

Hi,

Yes I would say it’s time to persevere, the 2.30 feed needs to be cut out before the rollover feed can stop. The idea is that you give the rollover feed so that you have confidence at 2.30am that he’s not hungry and you can implement the settling techniques when he wakes without having to feed.
I don’t know exactly what QEC teaches in Melbourne but I know that we have about a 90% success rate with the’ It’s Time To Sleep’ program.

My suggestion is that you get a copy of the <a href="It's time to sleep</a"http://www.itstimetosleep.com/">It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&Book and follow that.

Good luck
Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic