Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Erratic sleeping habits Lock Rss

Hi there, my 8mth daughter was sleeping from 7pm-7am from 6wks. Around the 6mth mark she started waking though the night for feeds. She is now just over 8mths and is very erratic. One night she will sleep through the next she might wake before 12 then the next she will wake every two hours. It is very unpredictable and very tiring as I also have a 2 yr old to tend to at night as he has the night wanders!!
I would do the control crying as we did this with my son and were quite successful with it.
Our only issue is that there bedrooms are right next to each other and she will wake him up and he is very hard to get back to sleep at the moment. we are so tired and it is affecting our relationship. I am also considering swapping her to formula as I am not sure that my milk is sufficient for her at the moment.
Please help.............

Kylie, VIC, James 4yrs, Alannah 2.5yrs & bub no 3

Dear Kgorski

We would like to let you know that Maree, our Sleep consultant, will be unable to respond to your questions from the 13-25th May as she is away on a much needed holiday.

If you require more immediate advice regarding your baby's sleep we suggest that you contact your local Child Health Nurse.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
Maree and the Huggies Parents Exchange Team
Hi,
Firstly, I would like to extend an apology to you for the delay in responding to your query.
At 8 months your daughter is probably going through 8 month separation anxiety.
It is hard when you have other children to consider, perhaps you could get some support from a family member to take your son for a few nights.
Are you feeding her back to sleep when she wakes? As this might be creating a habit. And an easy one to get into at this age. Only you can decide if you should stop breast feeding. Is she drinking a lot during the night or just comfort sucking to return to sleep?
Just keep in mind if you decide to do controlled comforting it will be hard but so is what you are doing now.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic