Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Waking early Lock Rss

Hi,

My 14 month old has been sleeping through the night since 3 months and we've never had any real problems with night sleeping. However! He has just starting waking at 5.30 each morning (only in the last week). He goes to bed at around 7.30 each night and is still breastfeed morning and night. We've been leaving him in his cot until 6.00 but he doesn't go back to sleep.

Do you have any tips?

During the day he is still having two naps, one around 10.30 which is usually about 1.5 hours and one around 2.00 which is usually around 40 mins. I don't think he is ready to drop one sleep as he is usually really tired by 10.30 when we put him down.

Thanks
Dear Imac

We would like to let you know that Maree, our Sleep consultant, will be unable to respond to your questions from the 13-25th May as she is away on a much needed holiday.

If you require more immediate advice regarding your baby's sleep we suggest that you contact your local Child Health Nurse.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
Maree and the Huggies Parents Exchange Team
Hi,
Firstly, I would like to extend an apology to you for the delay in responding to your query.
It’s hard to say why sudden pattern changes occur sometimes, I would be guided by tired signs for day sleeps and this is about the time baby changes to one nap.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi

I also have a 14 month old who is doing exactly the same thing. She goes to bed at 7.00pm and wakes up at between 5.00am and 5.30am. I have tried to give her a bottle and hope that she goes back to sleep. She used to but now only goes back to sleep for half an hour if that. I hate getting up that early. I do bring her into our bed and she lays there and talks for about 45 mins and then gets bored and we have to get up. If she is really tired she will go back to sleep in our bed but I don't want to get into that habit. I think i just have to get used to the idea that i have to be up early and hope that as she gets older her routine changes a little.

She also still has 2 sleeps at around 10.00 and then 2.00. I have tried to keep her up and make her have just one big sleep but she can't stay awake either. I usually get an hour at each sleep.

HOpefully she will start sleeping in soon!!

Good luck!

Sasha, WA, Denvah - 07.06.05

Sign in to follow this topic