Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

2yr old wakes through the night Lock Rss

I have a 2 year old daughter that does not go to sleep until anywhere from 9:30pm to 11pm. She then wakes up at 2am and then anywhere from 4am. She insists on having a bottle of milk each time she wakes and then cries when she has to go back to her bed. I just want to get a full nights sleep and maybe an eary bed time for myself. She also tends not to sleep through the day but when she does it is not until 3pm and then she sleeps up to 2 to 3 hours.

Help!!

Karen,SA,2yr old

Dear bambam2001

We would like to let you know that Maree, our Sleep consultant, will be unable to respond to your questions from the 13-25th May as she is away on a much needed holiday.

If you require more immediate advice regarding your baby's sleep we suggest that you contact your local Child Health Nurse.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
Maree and the Huggies Parents Exchange Team
Hi,
Firstly, I would like to extend an apology to you for the delay in responding to your query.
You really need to take charge here and implement a strict routine for your daughter.
DON’T GIVE THE MILK. This has totally become a sleep association and if you want to change what’s happening here you need to make the changes.
A routine you should follow is dinner, bath, quiet play, milk in a cup while she is still up, brush her teeth, a story and then off to bed at 7pm. Each time she gets up you need to return her to bed and tell her it’s time to sleep. Once she learns to sleep independently she will be able to resettle herself without the milk.
Best of luck
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic