Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

baby wakes every 2hrs at night Lock Rss

Hi
I have a 6 month old lttle boy who was an excellent sleeper until recently. For the past 3 weeks he has been waking every 2 hours at night. I have tryed everything to break this habit but nothing seems to work. Usually he will go back to sleep after a breast feed but i am so excausted, and would kill for more sleep. I also know that he is not hungry and this is a comfort feed (comfortable for him maybe, but not for me!) This week I have been so tired I have been getting him and putting him in our bed as he seems to sleep well when there and I am now too tired to cope. Because he was a prem baby he has always been quite clingy but this was never an issue with his sleeping.

I am also wondering how much he should be sleeping during the day?

Your advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

Many thanks
Sarah

Sarah, WA, Benjamin born 30/11/05 - Jordan Born 13

Hi I need the same answers too please.

my 6mth old has gone from sleeping 8pm- 7am to now not sleeping til about 10pm and then waking at 1am, 3am and 5.30am (or there abouts)

my DD has 2 or 3 x 40min sleeps, some days she only has 1.............. i am very drained.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi Sarah,

Day time sleeping should be 2 naps one in the morning for about 11/2 hours and one in the afternoon for about.11/2 hours.
It's frustrating when a good routine changes and it's hard to stay on track when you are so tired.

If your son is waking during the night you could try a rollover feed at 10pm and then you will be confident that he is not hungry and use settling techniques for other wakings.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic