Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

night feedings Lock Rss

I have an eight mth old son. I hear him wake up during the night and then settle himself back to sleep. But at least once a night he wants to bw feed. We (my husband and I) cannot settle him back to sleep. I would LOVE to sleep through the night and don't know what to do. He has a routine, both day and bedtime that works in every other reguard. He is a healthy and happy baby. I've asked the parent-help-line and they said because he's a big boy (11kg) that he's feeding too much and I souldn't let hime feed so much. The doctors have sid that he is fine. He is eating solids and being breastfed.

kylie

hi kylie, sounds like you are desperate for a full nights sleep.

my bubs is 11mths and feeds 2 or 3 times a night... i just thought you may feel better knowing that i would love to just be feeding once! grin

i'm sure the sleep expert will have some tips for you, and i'd guess that it will be to just keep persevering and doing the whole patting controlled crying thing. if you are really wanting to sleep through this may work for you. i hope it does.

if you are ok with feeding once at night, it's fine to still be doing it, but if you feel you can't cope i hope you do find a solution. smile

mum of 3 girls

Hi,
At 8 month babies experience separation anxiety and this could be part of the problem.
You could try using settling techniques instead of feeding as it may be a habit of waking for the feed now
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic