Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Toddler Not Sleeping Lock Rss

Our 3 year old has always been a great sleeper, up until recently. We are expecting baby No2 in 7 weeks time, so my husband & I are getting a little worried that we won't be able to resolve this in time.
We don't know if it has something to do with his bedroom. He always slept with the door closed and a night light, but now we have to leave the door open (with light on) as he says he gets a fright. We have tried talking to him, and if we do try to close the door he screams. He usually wakes the same time every night midnight, 2am, 4am. So we are all not getting much sleep. I have even stopped the day sleep to see if it makes a difference. The only time he seems to sleep is when either my husband or I take him into the spare room and sleep with him. A habit we don't want to get into. I am getting very worried as I said only under 2 months til new bub arrives and I don't won't to be getting up to 2 children!!! Any advice, we don't know what to do!!
Thanks.
Hi,
You really need to let him know that this is not okay and you will need to keep putting him back into his bed quickly and quietly and let him know it’s time to sleep.
It seems it has already become a habit and one you don’t want to continue.
Best of luck with the new arrival
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic