Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Constant crying during the day Lock Rss

Hi Maree.
My 3 month old has just (in the last week) started sleeping through from 6pm til 5am - which is great. However, ever since he started this, during the day he only sleeps small amounts between feeds and he cries whenever he's awake and quite often I cannot settle him at all and he cries until his next feed (even if I'm holding him). By the afternoon he doesn't sleep at all and gets very worked up and cries and screams.
I can't work out what's wrong with him. Nothing settles him when he gets worked up - rocking, patting, cuddling etc.
Is he doing this because he's having all the sleep he needs overnight or because he's hungry? Is it attention seeking? (but I would have thought he was too young for that).
Because he's dropped 2 feeds, I have increased the amounts he has for the 4 day feeds and have also started giving him a small bottle in between his last afternoon and evening feeds.
Any tips you could give me would be fantastic!

Nicole, Qld - Jacob 27/2/06

Hi,
Your son is way over tired and I would highly recommend that you implement a feed/play/sleep routine this will really help you to know when baby is tired and when he is hungry and being able to tell the difference will mean you can settle him as soon as he shows tired signs as an overtired baby is harder to settle.
Our settling program will take you step by step through the settling program
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic