Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Bad advice??? Lock Rss

Hi I rang Ngala over in WA when my 6 month old girl was waking in the middle of the randomly, up to 4 or 5 times a night. They suggested I give her a bottle as I had cut that bottle out as I thought she was old enough to not need it. However they suggested to give the bottle while still in the cot so she would not get used to being picked up in middle of night. So she now has a bottle at 7pm, sleeps until 3.30am when I give her a bottle in her cot, and she falls asleep again until 7am. I stay in the room while she has it and offer water after finishing as am worried about milk staying in her mouth and rotting her teeth. However, her other 3 bottles are at 9am, 1.30pm and 7.00pm which are just on nap time, and she wants them in her cot. Have tried for days to give her bottle else where but she is not interseted and screams blue murder. She sleeps great, and it does not bother me with the situation, but I feel like I am doing a bad thing and don't know if I am going to make things harder for me later on.
Please help!

Nikki H, Perth, 8mth baby girl

Hi,
It does sound like she associates sleep with the bottle.
I’m not sure how old your daughter is now but after 6 months she really doesn’t need that 3.30am bottle this is more likely to be out of habit now.
So long as where she takes the bottle doesn’t bother you then I wouldn’t worry too much now. Either way if she is protesting the change then be it now or later it will be hard and take about one week to break any habit.
I would however not give her that 3.30am bottle and use settling techniques instead.
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic