Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

waking evry 1.5hrs Lock Rss

I have a 6 month old baby boy who is waking every 1.5hrs at night. I try not to feed him but most of the time he doesn't settle without one. I have tried a settling technique that Riverton suggested (leave him for 5 mins then comfort, 10 mins then settle, 15 mins etc....) but this didn't seem to work. He just got more hysterical as the night progressed. Do you have any suggestions as we are exhausted and have a 2 and 4 year old to tend to as well.
Hi,
It is hard to do controlled comforting as baby does protest loudly and it is very hard at night.
But if you want to make a change and what you are doing already is hard then you would need to persist with a good settling program.
At 6 months you can try a rollover feed when baby is not sleeping through the night.
Settle baby about 7pm and then wake gently and feed at about 10pm.
Resettle quickly and quietly and when waking at any other times it will give you confidence to know baby is not hungry and you can use settling techniques instead of feeding or rocking back to sleep.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic