Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

toddler not sleeping Lock Rss

Since about 5 weeks ago my 17 month old daughter who has always slept right through the night since 8 weeks old has been waking every night crying hysterically to the point where it takes about 5 minutes just to calm her down. At first I thought it my be some teeth coming through but now I am starting to think otherwise. She seems to wake at the same time every night screaming. I go in and try to settle her back to sleep but as soon as I walk out she starts screaming again. My husband and I both work fulltime and the sleepless nights are taking their toll on both of us and on my work. It gets to the point where I can be up with her for 3-4 hours and I end up putting her in bed with us just so I can get some sleep. I have tried alot of different techniques to get her to sleep but nothing has worked. And now she is also climbing out of the cot. I am unsure of what is causing all this as she has always been such a good baby even through getting teeth. My husband has even tried going in and settling her but she just keeps crying out for me. My husband also works alot of nights so I am at home alot by myself having to deal with the problem alone.

Mother of 18 mnth old DD, NSW

Hi,
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Do make sure you are settling her into her cot awake and if she does wake later try to follow our settling program for 6 to 12 months since she is still in a cot
You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic