Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

waking every hour through the night Lock Rss

My 4 1/2 month old baby has recently begun to wake every hour through the night. The waking begins one hour from his bedtime and continues until morning. I have tried just about everything to solve this problem, as it is taking its toll on the whole household (as imagined!!). When he wakes, he seems to be crying with his eyes closed and if I do not get up to him, he will get mad and cry furiously for a couple of minutes before dropping off, only to begin the cycle 45mins or 1 hour later. I have tried a dummy, rewrapping his arms, tightening his wrap, loosening his wrap, sshing him, patting him, soft music...just about anything, however lately he can not seem to settle into a deep sleep. He has slept through the night several times about a month back, however has been stuck in this waking pattern for over a week now. He catnaps during the day as well!
Please help!!!!
Hi,
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Are you settling him awake into his cot initially or are you comforting him to sleep first?

This would make all the difference to sleeping independently.

Try using our settling techniques as described on the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> pages, andd see if you can resolve the constant waking.

Best wishes
Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic