Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

30 minute sleeps Lock Rss

Dear Maree

Our 8 week old only sleeps 20 to 30 minutes at a time during the day. He is a bit better at night sleeping 2 1/2 to 4hrs. We have tried settling techniques they do not seem to work at the moment he is rocked to sleep at night this takes about ten minutes during the day it takes from 20 minutes to an hour. Can you help us??

Thanks
lollie
Hi Lollie,

I was rocking my bub to sleep as well when he was around that age and it did take ages! I used to get so frustrated because he'd fall asleep in my arms and then wake after I'd put him down in the cot.
I would try putting him into the cot when he's awake and let him fall asleep by himself. If he does wake up try resettling him again, even if you have to do it afew times. It may take a while but eventually he will get used to this new pattern. It took a while with mine as he was used to always being rocked to sleep. Worse still my mohter in law would let him sleep in her arms during the day and then I had to try and break the habit once she left! Try replacing rocking him to sleep with something else if he's in the cot and won't sleep, like a gentle pat or even the dummy just for a while.
Anyway I'm sure Maree will have some good tips as well but I couldn't help but reply as I was in the same boat as you not all that long ago. The best thing is because your bub is still very little it shouldn't take long to break his habits and form new ones.

Good luck smile

shonny

Hi Lollie,
I’m sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

Because he is rocked to sleep when he wakes on his light sleep and the rocking is not there he cannot resettle himself. It is hard to settle baby awake and hear them cry but it will teach baby to sleep independently.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic