Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Nothing works! Lock Rss

My 7 month old DS has been a shocking sleeper from birth. He's a serial catnapper due to reflux left undiagnosed until he was 4 months old. Bad habits were hard to break! I have persisted with your settling techniques for the last 3 months, but am getting nowhere and it's starting to take its toll!

He's very good a self settling when I put him in his cot. However, during the day I'm lucky to get more than 45 mins 3 times a day. He goes down for the night at 6.30 - 6.45PM - I give him a rollover feed at 10.30PM - this can normally get him to 4.30AM. But... the last 6 weeks he's been waking at 4AM playing in his cot. And now, he's waking earlier (2.30AM) and staying awake until 4.30/5AM!!! He's not crying, but playing - I go in and try your settling techniques all to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

He's just been diagnosed as Lactose Intolerant which is another story. He will also not eat solids. He has a dummy - which is my saviour (or is it?).

Regards,
Kerry

Kerry, WA, DD 09/00 & DS 11/05

Hi Kerry,
I’m sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

There seems to be quite a few issues here that you are talking about.

Is the Dummy your saviour? This is something that will have to go at some point in the future, but can always wait until you have some of the helath issues sorted out or it may be the reason he is waking in the middle of the night and can't resettle himself.

Nightitme playing: You would need to ‘butt in’ on his playtime at 2.30- 4am and let him know it’s time to sleep by implementing the settling techniques.

Be sure you are following the techniques correctly as it can only take a few things to prevent the program from working.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Talk to your doctor or Earky Childhood health nurse about the issues you are facing with his reflux and lactose intolerance.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic