Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

6wk old with daytime sleep problems Lock Rss

Hi,
I have just recieved my it's time to sleep dvd (how I wish I had it when my 2yr old ws born!)

My 6wk old will sleep though the night with 1 or 2 feeds depending on what time he goes to bed, however during the day it is a major problem! He refuses to sleep for longer than 15 - 20mins at a time, and with a toddler who is very jealous I need this time to spend with him.

I am at day 2 of the feed/play/sleep method (as shown in the video) and both days I have caved in and fed him or given him his dummy. Even though he finished feeding only 30 -40 mins earlier.

At fed time I let him fed for as long as he needs to, though usually he goes to sleep before he is finished. As soon as he is off the breast he is wide awake ready to play. This usually last 40mins.

Once it is time for bed I wrap him and put him in his bed only for him to cry and scream until I pick him up and then as soon as he calms I put him back down in his bed however he starts crying again! To me it sounds like the hungry cry and he is rooting as well.
Is he using Feeding as a method of settling and sleeping? I managed to go for 40 mins today before I gave him his dummy, as he just would not calm down! He went straight to sleep!
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you for your time and I hope you can help us!

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Hi,

The idea of feed/play sleep is to feed and then play to watch and wait for tired signs and then settle awake into the cot. All babies will protest the new routine so you need to persist for a while.

Watch the DVD a few time and have a good read of the book, you will get there.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic