Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Sleeps for 6 month old twins Lock Rss

Just wondering what you think of my routine for twins.
They are 8 months old but 6 months corrected. I have just started them on solids the last two weeks 1-2 times a day. And otherwise are fully breastfed.
They don't yet sleep through the night so was wondering if maybe they get too much sleep during the day. I noticed that the Your Babies sleep Requirements page is way different to what I am doing.
This is my routine (normally)
Morning feed say around 6.00am then straight back to bed, may sleep till 8.30-9.00

10.00am feed + farex back to bed by 10.45 may sleep till 1.00ish

2.00pm feed + apple or new food back to bed may sleep till 4.30

6.00pm feed back to bed sllep till 8-8.30 then feed at around 10.00pm
they will then go to bed for the night but wake around 1 or 2 or 3am for a feed then around 5, 6 or 7 for the next feed.
They have gone the 6 hrs but rarely and the bigger one of the two has gone once 8 hrs.
Going by these charts below they should only be having 2-3 sleeps I put them down for 4.
They go straight to bed after each feed and have done since birth and settle themselves, well normally just go to sleep without any fuss or crying and If they wake after a hour i can get them back to sleep by sitting them forward in bed for a burp. But the middle of the night when one starts the other starts and then sometimes they wake up my other DD as well so not sure whether to just let them cry and settle themselves.
Any pointers would be great

3 to 6 Months
Number of sleeps per day 2 to 3
Average time up during the day between sleeps 2 to 3 hours
Time it may take to settle 1 hour
Will sleep for 2 to 3 hours at a time.
Will sleep 6 to 8 hours overnight.

6 to 9 Months
Number of sleeps per day 2
Average time up during the day between sleeps 2 to 3 hours
Time it may take to settle 1 hour
Will sleep for 1 to 2 hours at a time.
Will sleep 10 to 12 hours overnight.

Sorry for the long post

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hi,

They certainly do sleep an extraordinary amount. One morning and one early afternoon sleep should be enough at their age, but following tired signs will always be you best indication as to how much sleep your child needs. You could try cutting out some of the night feeding at this age if you want to. You would need to follow a feed /play/ sleep routine and do a rollover feed at about 10 pm and then settling techniques for other wakings through the night. You can get details for this for <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page or from <a href="It's time to sleep</a"http://www.itstimetosleep.com/">It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&Book Huggies has a great offer on at the moment see <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/about_huggies/special_offers/bookoffer/">Huggies Member Exclusive Book Offers</a>.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic