Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

19 mth waking constantly early morning Lock Rss

Hi,

I'm having problems with my 19 mth old waking every 30 - 60mins from about 4.00am onwards. He has always been a great night sleeper going to bed at 7.00pm and sleeping until about 7.30am waking occasionally but nothing like this habit. For the last 6 weeks he has started waking about 4.00am then waking every 30 - 60mins from then on. He goes to bed at about 8.00pm now (it used to be 7.00 but now I'm trying him later) and he has a day time sleep at about 1.00pm for 1-1.5hrs. When he wakes I just go to his room lie him straight back down (no cuddles) put his covers over him and tell him to go to sleep then walk out, sometimes he's still crying but this lasts about 20 seconds then I don't hear from him until the next time he wakes and so on until 7.00 when I get him up. I'm at a loss as to how I can break this routine. I make sure I never put him to sleep so he always puts himself to sleep. He has a heater in his room so he's not cold. He was having a bottle at about 5.00am when this all started so I got rid of that thinking it may have something to do with it but it hasn't made any difference (I've tryed giving the bottle back recently but he didn't really want it and he still kept waking anyway)

Any more suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Michelle

Michelle, Vic, 3yo boy & 3mth Girl

Hi Michelle,

You really seem to be doing everything right, hopefully this is a passing phase. The only other thing I can suggest is that he may just be requiring your presence and perhaps if you just go to the door and say “it’s time to sleep” and leave, it make get him going a bit more for a few nights but it could be worth a try.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic