Huggies Forum

Newborn Sleep Advice Lock Rss

Hi,
My bub is 4 weeks old and I'd love to know what is the best way to settle him during the day. A lot of articles I read talk about the night time routine but not the daytime. At the moment he falls asleep on my breast which is a habit I'd rather he not get into to, as that's what my other two children did and I ended up at sleep school!
I would really appreciate any advice you could offer.
Cheers!
Lis smile
PS We don't use dummies with our kids!
[Edited on 05/10/2007]

Mum to Jack 8, Zane 3 & Angus born 06//09/07

Hi Lis,

The best routine you could have is feed/play/sleep. And try to feed 4 hourly at about 2,6,10,2,6,10 This means you feed when baby wakes (if due) and then you play and you watch for tired signs. You will know these are tired signs because baby has had a feed already. Then you wrap baby straight away and settle into his bassinette. You can use our patting techniques to settle baby which are all hands on and no leaving baby at this age.

We face baby away and pat when crying and stop patting as soon as baby stops crying this teaches them to fall asleep independently Roll baby back onto his back once asleep before leaving the room..

You can get an overview of our settling program from Your Baby’s Sleep section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, It's Time To Sleep DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic