Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Why does it change??? Lock Rss

My 8 months old son has been sleeping very well for the last 6 months for day and night time. For the last month also he refused to have a sleep during the day but the night time he slept from 8 pm till 6 am. During a day when I put him in his cot he started to scream so bad like he's in pain but no tear.. I went in and lie him down in the cot but he end up standing up again. I have repeted this method for at least half an hour then I have to give up.. He is very tired when I put him down to sleep but why doesn't he want to sleep?? What can I do to fix this?
Thanking you in advance.

Hi,

He is most likely experiencing 8 month separation anxiety at present and this would explain any recent changes. Great that he is sleeping through the night but he is obviously showing tired signs during the day and you could try our settling program, the techniques offer a clear and repetitive message that it’s time to sleep.

You can get an overview of our settling program from Your Baby’s Sleep section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, It's Time To Sleep DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic