Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Your Relationships
  5. Pregnant at the same time as another family member?

Pregnant at the same time as another family member? Rss

Hi Brooke,

Thankyou so much for your response and kind encouraging words. I hope that some of my maternal instinct will rub off on my SIL. I long to meet my new baby, and even though it will be my second... it is still as unique and special as my first.

Again, thankyou very much... you made me feel a little better.

Michelle
Hi Michelle,
Hope everything goes well when you tell your family your excellent news. This should be a time for you to celebrate. Hopefully your family will be just as excited for you second time around. My family was, and my husbands was for a couple of weeks, until my SIL told everyone of her pregnancy, then everything turned into a competion!! Let us know how you get on!!
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Oh my bad, I think I'm one of those 'comparing' mums! NOt really, but I do find myself secretly hoping friends won't have babies as big as mine (9lb) or labours as long (41 hrs, thats kinda hard to beat). I don't try to force her to be better than anyone else (I have friends like this and their children have all sorts of emotional issues from being pressured so I have let my litle girl do her own thing, she is quite developed for her age, she walked at 10 mths and at 11 mths already has 10 teeth.
I don't know why I want her to be the biggest and the best, Iguess I'm just so proud of this perfect human being that I have created. BUt I recognise how important it is to let herself set the pace for her development.
Anyway, just wanted to provide a different perspectiv.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Hi Traceyl and Brooke,

Just wanted to share my good news. We finally told family about this baby and it was extremely well received!!! Yippee... all that stress on my part for nothing.

Thankyou both so much for caring smile

I am 16 weeks tomorrow and starting to show. I am happy and all is good.

Best wishes,

Michelle smile smile smile
Hi Michelle,

Congratulations thats great news - we told you so!! I am still waiting for my baby am only 4 days overdue so its not too bad. Enjoy your pregnancy and keep me posted.

Brooke

Blakes mum

Hi Michelle,
Congratulations!!! I'm so glad your family was pleased with your news. Now that your stressfull task has been done, I hope you are able to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. I hope all goes well for you. I would love to keep in contact, and know how you are going.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Brooke,
Hope everything is going well for you. I hope the weather hasn't been too hot. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that your baby makes an appearance very very soon. Let us all know when he/she arrives. All the best.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Traceyl,
Good to hear from you. I am going well despite this HEAT! I am only 17 weeks pregnant... so I feel for all those mums further along in their pregnancies. I have been well, but tired chasing my 14.5 month old daughter around and battling through the heat. I have to say whenever I speak to family they always ask excitidedly how I am and how the baby is. It is a really nice surprise. I too would love to chat more, please tell me about yourself. Michelle
hi brooke

was it a boy or a girl . id love to know what u had and how u r coping

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Hi I had a boy after being induced (Blake 7lb) the birth was a nightmare after 2 days of baby getting distressed they finally decided to do a c-section - his heart rate kept dropping with my contractions and when they broke my waters and gave me the drip. Blake was born with the cord around his neck 5 times and an apgar score of 1 then luckily 5 mins later a score of 8 then 10. He is doing really well despite setbacks with my health - after being home 5 days I got a kidney infection and had to go back to hospital for another week! We are both well now and I couldnt have asked for a better baby he is so happy and is putting on lots of weight. Lucky we had the c-section when we did or I dont think we would have our precious boy. Thanks for your interest.

Blakes mum

Hi yeap, me too. I was pregnant at the same time as my sister in-law too. There was alot of she is bigger than you and that kind of carry on. But as it turned out she had her baby on the 10 Jan 2003 and mine was born on the 28 Feb 2004 and there was also a third baby born (another sister in-law) on the 1 March 2004. There is constantly comparisons being made but we never let it get to either of us as all the comparisons are made by other people. But out of the three babies born I was the only one to have a daughter which is what I wanted as I already had 2 boys. Also during pregnancy I was the one that carried the smallest everyone thought that I was going to have a little baby but as it turned out I had the biggest baby weighing 7lbs 8oz the other two were 6lb babies, and then I lost all my weight straight away which was really good. So dont worry about the comparision thing they will all get over it.

Hi Brooke
Just wanted to say Congratulations on your new baby boy!!!!! smile smile smile smile

I wish you and bubs nothing but the best from here on .

You are doing an excellent job Mummy dont you forget this!!! smile

helena- vic- ds-3.5 dd- 1

Sign in to follow this topic