Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Your Relationships
  5. Anyone have/had trouble with their own mother?

Anyone have/had trouble with their own mother? Lock Rss

Hi everyone

I just need to get something off my chest as I feel deeply hurt by a comment that my mother made to my sister behind my back.

She told my sister that my children "need a firmer hand" and they are out of control. She compared my 2 year old daughter with my other sister who was mildly autistic and a difficult child saying that I need to be doing as she did to control my daughter. She forgets that she never disciplined me as a child as I was physically abused into submission by my ex step father. I was too scared to put even a toenail out of line.

My 2 year old is just like any other 2 year olds out there - she is at the age where she is testing the boundaries and I have been working out exactly what method of discipline works for me and her. I feel that she isn't out of control and quite easy to manage. As for my 9 month old - she is just a baby and at this stage doesn't need a "firm hand".

The way she said what she did and to someone else is really hurtful. She has NEVER been supportive of me as a mother and has had limited contact with her grand children. She gets glimpses of what they are like on good and bad days and so can not possibly have any idea what really goes on when she is not around.

I used to have a good relationship with my mother but at the moment I REALLY do not want to speak to her at all. This is hard with Christmas in a few days - I don't want to spoil things for the rest of the family by causing trouble and my sister has asked that I don't say to her that she told me what was said.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest - I have finally stopped crying which is just as well as both my lovely ladies are due to wake up any moment.

I just wish my mum was encouraging instead of always so critical.

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Post deleted by administrator.
You go girl, I don't mean to be rude but they are your kids and you are the parent not your mother, you make they discisions on how to bring your kids up, stuff your mum if she isn't going to be supportive. You do it your way. You have to live with them and the conciquences of your actions so don't worry about her you sound like you are doing a great job. Tel your mother to "get back in her box"

Sign in to follow this topic